Black Warrior/Phillip Parker 50k and 25k Trail Runs
February 16, 2019, Saturday, @8:00am CST
Brushy Creek Campground Rules, Regulations, and Tips
1. There are 11 campsites (I would count on 0-2 sites being occupied by nonrunners)
2. You have to place your tent on the tent pads (gravel)
3. You may place two tents on one pad, but no tents are allowed off the pads
4. $5 per night
5. Check-out is 2pm
6. First come, first served
7. Only two cars per site
8. Maximum of 6 campers per site
9. There is running water and chemical toilet in campground. In addition, we will have the showers open this year.
10. If all the sites are full, two groups of runners could share one site, as long as both tents are on the tent pad and you have no more than two cars. Each group would only pay $2.50 or split the $5 fee. So, if you see a group of runners looking for an empty site, flag them down and offer to share.
11. Check-out time can be pushed back as long as no campers are waiting in line for a site.
12. Overflow: Dispersed camping is allowed. You have to be at least 1 mile from the nearest campground. No fee.
In a worse case scenario, Owl Creek Horse Camp is 3 miles down the road. There will be plenty of room there. It has running water and a chemical toilet. $5 fee.
13. A hunter’s camp, McDougal, is also on Highway 33, about 3 miles past Lawrence 70 that turns toward Pine Torch. Toilet but no water. No fee.
Camping in the day use area, either in your car, camper, or tent, will get you a ticket!
Please use the overflow sites above, or go into the woods at least 1 mile away.
I pay the $3.00 parking in the day use area for race day, but you still have to pay the $5.00 fee to camp.